Wednesday, September 23, 2009

bookmarks~

this past week (below)I was able to make a few bookmarks ~
I'm sharing.....
I know what your thinking...shabby and worn! Your right.... love love them! All made from old pieces of fabric, lace and jewels~ they make my heart sing...and yes I use them!

You can order the little silver ribbon crimps from this company-they are so inexpensive. A great idea for gifts for teas or retreats~ buy some ribbon and crimp the end add a jewel...add a scripture to paper and sew (or glue) it on to the ribbon....

A quick note...you have to hammer the crimp pretty hard so use a good hard surface that you do not care about denting~ i did not use ribbon on the white ones I used old white bias tape ~

...we also made some lovely bookmarks in our ladies Bible study that helped us remember Genesis~ we actually collage words cut from books with bits and pieces of lace and trims...I can actually look at my bookmark and tell you what happened in each chapter by looking at a few key words pasted on it...so fun and sooo sweet~

I hope you enjoy all below~

Big hugs!
<3
Pam

No comments: